The pick-up place and online services
The library buildings remain closed until further notice. You can use the pick-up place for ordered books and online services. Do not hesitate to contact us with any questions. We are here to help you, and we will do our best to get through this safely together.
Book ordering and pick up
- Opening hours: Mon–Fri, 10–15
- To order books, log in to the catalogue – katalog.muni.cz
- You can order books from the open access collection and closed stacks (NOT the ones with In-house loan status).
- Ordering works in the same way as making a reservation for a book on loan, see detailed instructions (steps 3 and 4).
- Wait for the e-mail notification about the book being ready for pick up – at that point, the book is already checked out on your account.
- Go to the pick-up place at the entrance to the Reading Room from Arna Novák street, Monday to Friday, 10–15.
- Do not forget your ISIC.
- Please, cover your mouth and nose accordingly to the current governmental regulations. Hand sanitizer will be availble.
- If possible, bring your own pen to sign the loan receipt.
- You have 7 days to come and collect ordered books.
Good to know
- If you are not yet registered in the library, use online registration. You can search the catalogue even without registration, but you have to be registered to order books.
- If you no longer need the ordered book, let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org or 549 495 379 (Mon–Fri, 10–15).
- If you need a book from a Departmental library, contact the library directly.
- You can renew your loans.
- If you need to pay a late fee or the renewal is not possible for other reasons, contact us at email@example.com or 549 495 379 (Mon–Fri, 10–15).
- If necessary, throw the books in the Book Drop at the entrance to faculty premises on Arna Nováka street – the books will be returned the next working day.
Remote access to E-loans
Scanned books usually available only on computers in the library are now accessible from anywhere.
Open the catalogue with E-loans filter
More about the service
You can access a lot of online resources – eBooks, scholarly articles and others. Not everything is available online. But we can help you locate what is there.
- All the primary scholarly resources are available at the Portal of electronic information resources ezdroje.muni.cz
- Most of those resources are searchable via Discovery service at discovery.muni.cz
- You can access these resources anywhere with remote access. We recommend the OpenVPN app.
If you did not find desired full text in the database, try searching at other places:
- Díla nedostupná na trhu: digital library of Czech works, log in using university account (interface only in Czech)
- Google Books: scanned books; not all of them are entirely available, but sometimes few pages are enough
For more information, follow our updated document (in Czech only) or contact us with your query.
For teachers and researchers
In case of new development, we will inform you on our Facebook page and here on our website in the news section.