Consultations for students and academics
We offer our advice
We have experience in searching for information and writing and evaluating academic texts and we are happy to pass them on. Contact us using the form or in person.
- without prior arrangement, Mon–Fri, 9–16
- or other times by appointment
- Consultation Desk, Quiet Study Room, 2nd floor
- using the form, we will respond within one working day
- using MS Teams – no instalation or registration required
- neccessary to make an appointment via the form
Possible topics for consultation
- accessing online resources
- useful tips for working with catalogues, search engines and specialized databases
- citing and paraphrasing various types of sources
- checking already created citations
We will answer your questions about filling in publication records in the RIV database and about predatory journals, publishers or databases. We are also knowledgeable about the field of publishing in the humanities. Do not hesitate to contact us or arrange a personal consultation with us using the form.
Possible topics for consultation and assistance
- creating and setting up of author identifiers
- identifying predatory journals, publishers and databases
- reporting records in the RIV database
- ambiguities regarding the 17+ Evaluation Methodology
- joining a lesson with a contribution on the topics of lessons and workshops organized by the library
- questions and situations associated with open science; open access to research results (both publications and data)
- Data Management Planning
- issues related to searching and citing information sources
We offer to carry out publication analyses.
We have prepared brief information about predatory publishers and author identifiers.