Printing from laptops
Before you send a print job to the printer, you have to connect your laptop to MU network.
PRINTING FROM A LAPTOP IN MU NETWORK
Installation packages for colour multifunctional devices in Masaryk University (MU):
- Unpack the package and run follow instructions.
- Check whether the printer “PRINT MU” has been installed.
- When you install the printer on Windows 7, it is necessary to disable User Account Control: Control panels ➜ User accounts ➜ Change setting of User Account Control – change setting to “Never notify”. You will need to restart your computer. If you skip this step, the SafeQ window for authentication of printing will not open and you will not be able to send your print job to the printer.
- Once the print job is sent to the printer, a dialogue box where you have to enter your university personal number (UČO) and secondary password will appear.
- Unblock the reader of the multifunctional device with your ISIC card and confirm printing on the touch screen. The device will print all your print jobs sent to the printer.
- You can check and cancel your print jobs sent to the printer at: https://print.ucn.muni.cz.
Note: When installing the printer on Windows Vista and Windows 7, an Ysoft program will be installed at the same time. Starting of this program is indicated with each start of Windows on the system menu bar with an Y icon. In some cases, it must be enabled in the firewall.
You will find further information about printing at the Faculty of Arts on the site of SafeQ printing system, which contains also a list of multifunctional devices, photocopiers and printers located at the Faculty of Arts.