I want to borrow a book
To borrow a book for the first time, you only need to take a few simple steps.
- Verify when we are open.
If you are a Masaryk University student or employee and a holder of a valid chip card (ISIC, ITIC,…):
- register online
- come to circulation and registration desk that you will find at the study room on the ground floor and fill in a registration form.
Find the book
Find the book you want to borrow in the Aleph catalogue. The most recent and most demanded publications are located in the open stacks – ground floor, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd floor of the library; other books are deposited in the closed stacks.
- Open access collection (in Czech “volný výběr”)
Write down the call number, e.g. 820b-SHAK1-4, and find it on the shelf. Books marked with an orange dot on the spine cannot be checked out!
- Closed stacks (in Czech “sklad”)
You have to order the book via online Aleph catalogue. You can also use the search tool on the home page of the library of the Faculty of Arts. The book will be prepared within 20 minutes at the circulation desk and registration desk.
We will be pleased to lend you the book at the circulation and registration desk situated on the ground floor or you can borrow books through a SelfCheck device, which is located on the ground floor by the red information desk.
How do i renew my loan?
- After signing in to online catalogue (personal identification number (UČO) + secondary password) in “My account” menu
- By email to email@example.com
- By phone at 5 4949 5379
- In person at the circulation desk
How do i reserve a book?
- Sign in to the catalogue (personal identification number (UČO) + secondary password).
- Look up the book and click on “Items”.
- In the left column click on “Request”.
- Confirm both boxes with “OK”.
- When the book is returned to the library, you will receive an e-mail and the book will be waiting for you for 7 days at the circulation desk.
Only books that are currently checked out can be reserved!
How do i return a book?
- at the circulation desk (at the ground floor)
- put to the drop box (Bibliobox)
- by arrangement using post service